- Heterogeneous catalysis
- Reaction engineering
- Batch and continuous synthesis of functional materials
- Characterization techniques: XPS, UPS, IPS, UV-vis, Raman spectroscopy, XAS (XANES + EXAFS), XRD
Curriculum vitae and education
May 2020 – present
Postdoctoral Fellow at the CAT Catalytic Center at ITMC, RWTH-Aachen, Germany
July 2019 – November 2019
Scientific Associate at Hochschule Niederrhein, Institute for Surface Technology (HIT), Krefeld, Germany
October 2014 – March 2018
Ph.D. Student at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Institute for Chemical Technology and Polymer Chemistry (ITCP), Germany
Area: microfluidic synthesis of colloidal monometallic nanoparticles and nanoalloys, in situ spectroscopic characterization during synthesis, application of nanomaterials in exhaust gas and energy related catalysis and gas sensing
July 2013 – September 2014
Scientific Associate in Semiconductor Physics at Technical University of Chemnitz (TUC), Germany
September 2009 – February 2012
M.Sc. student in Materials Science and Engineering at Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), Tehran, Iran
September 2004 – September 2008
B.Sc. student in Materials Science and Engineering at Tabriz University, Tabriz, Iran
01) Continuous Microfluidic Synthesis of Colloidal Ultrasmall Gold Nanoparticles: In situ Study of the Early Reaction Stages and Application for Catalysis G. Tofighi, H. Lichtenberg, J. Pesek, T. L. Sheppard, W. Wang, L. Schöttner, G. Rinke, R. Dittmeyer and J.-D. Grunwaldt, React. Chem. Eng. 2017, 2, 876-884.
02) Microfluidic Synthesis of Ultrasmall AuPd Nanoparticles with a Homogeneously Mixed Alloy structure in Fast Continuous Flow for Catalytic Applications G. Tofighi, A. Gaur, D. E. Doronkin, H. Lichtenberg, W. Wang, D. Wang, G. Rinke, A. Ewinger, R. Dittmeyer and J.-D. Grunwaldt, J. Phys. Chem. C 2018, 122, 1721-1731.
03) Chemical Nature of Microfluidically Synthesized AuPd Nanoalloys Supported on TiO2 G. Tofighi, X. Yu, H. Lichtenberg, D. E. Doronkin, W. Wang, C. Wöll, Y. Wang, and J.-D. Grunwaldt, ACS Catal. 2019, 5462-5473.
04) Microfluidically Synthesized Au, Pd and AuPd Nanoparticles Supported on SnO2 for Gas Sensing Applications G. Tofighi, D. Degler, B. Junker, S. Müller, H. Lichtenberg, W. Wang, N. Barsan and J.-D. Grunwaldt, Sensor Actuator B: Chem. 2019, 292, 48-56.