CAT Catalytic Center is a collaborative research facility of RWTH Aachen University and Covestro AG, where an international and interdisciplinary team of around 30 dedicated researchers is working in a state of art 400 m2 research facility. At CAT Catalytic Center researchers work in a close cooperation together with academia and industry to find innovative solutions and develop molecules to new products. This cooperative research provides both partners an ideal forum for generating ideas, being part of a joint development and turning them into future applications. Applied catalysis and sustainable development for polymers are some of the key research topics at CAT Catalytic Center. Our goal is to improve processes and create new products and thereby save energy and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
We encourage highly motivated young scientists to apply for an open position in heterogeneous catalysis and reaction engineering. You will be part of an international and interdisciplinary research team. With your expertise you will contribute to the development of new processes based on alternative raw materials for the production of sustainable high performance polymers. Your tasks will further include the chemical development, improvement of catalytic systems and evaluate and test them under industrial scale conditions.
- Highly motivated, open-minded and solution-oriented chemist / chemical engineer with a track record in applied heterogeneous catalysis and/or chemical process development
- PhD degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or related field Experience in batch-to-conti-process is an advantage
- Experience in project management and good communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Conditions of employment
- Postdoctoral position at CAT Catalytic Center at the RWTH Aachen University
- Full-time position with a one year contract according to the labor agreement of the German Public Services Regulation (TV-L, E13)
- The position is available from now on.
We are looking forward to your application!