Dr. Yadagiri Kommagalla
– Polymer re-cyclization of soft (PUR) and rigid (PUR) foams
– Process development for the starting material re-production from PUR foam
– Mechanistic studies of catalyzed depolymerization reactions
Curriculum vitae and education
May 2022- present
Postdoctoral Fellow at CAT Catalytic Center, ITMC, RWTH-Aachen, Germany
May 2019- April 2022
Post-doctoral Researcher at ITMC, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany.
The main research activity: Design & Development of catalytic methods
For the reduction of Amide, Amino acid and Peptides & Proteins
Supervision of bachelor- and master theses
Oct 2015 – March 2019
Specially Appointed Researcher- Osaka University (Prof Naoto Chatani)
The main research activity: Design and Development of methods for C-C and C-X bond formation using transition metal catalysis
Supervision of bachelor- and master theses
Nov 2014 – Oct 2015
Research Associate- Gifu University-Prof Hiromune Ando
Development and structural optimization of new series of sialosides as
CD22- specific inhibitors
Jan 2008 – July 2014
Ph.D. Student at CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India
(Savitribai Phule Pune University)
Area: Organic Synthesis, Medicinal Chemistry and Catalysis
July 2005- May 2007
M.Sc Chemical Sciences at Pondicherry University, Puducherry, India
- “Rh(III)-Catalyzed Reaction of α-Carbonyl Sulfoxonium Ylides and Alkenes: Synthesis of Indanones via [4+1] Cycloaddition” Yadagiri Kommagalla, Shunsuke Ando and Naoto Chatani (Org. Lett., 2020, 22, 1375–1379)
- “Cobalt-Catalyzed C−H Iodination of Aromatic Amides with Molecular Iodine through the Use of a 2‑Aminophenyloxazoline-Based Bidentate-Chelation System” Yadagiri Kommagalla and Naoto Chatani (Org. Lett., 2019, 21, 5971−5976)
- “A Computational Study of Cobalt-Catalyzed C-H Iodination Reactions Using a Bidentate Directing Group with Molecular Iodine” Ken Yamazaki, Yadagiri Kommagalla, Yasuke Ano, Naoto Chatani (Org.Chem.Front., 2019, 6, 537–543)
- “Cobalt-Catalyzed Chelation Assisted C–H Iodination of Aromatic Amides” Yadagiri Kommagalla, Ken Yamazaki, Takuma Yamaguchi, Naoto Chatani (Chem. Commun., 2018, 54, 1359–1362)
- “Cobalt(II)-catalyzed C-H functionalization using an N,N’-bidentate directing group” YadagiriKommagalla, Naoto Chatani (Coord. Chem. Rev.,2017, 350, 117–135)
- “Electronic Control on Linear versus Branched Alkylation of 2-/3-Aroylbenzofurans with Acrylates: Combined DFT and Synthetic Studies” Kolluru Srinivas, Yuvraj Dangat, Yadagiri Kommagalla, Kumar Vanka, and Chepuri V. Ramana (Chem. Eur. J. 2017, 23, 7570–7581).
- “Cobalt-catalyzed chelation assisted C–H allylation of aromatic amides with unactivated olefins” Takuma Yamaguchi,‡ Yadagiri Kommagalla,‡ Yoshinori Aihara and Naoto Chatani (‡ Equal Contribution)( Chem. Commun., 2016, 52, 10129–10132)
- “Re-engineering of PIP3-antagonist triazole PITENIN’s chemical scaffold: development of novel antifungal leads” Sravani Pulya, Yadagiri Kommagalla, Duhita G. Sant, Shweta U. Jorwekar, Santosh G. Tupe, Mukund V. Deshpande and Chepuri V. Ramana (RSC Adv., 2016, 6, 11691–11701).
- “The NEU1-selective sialidase inhibitor, C9-butyl-amide-DANA, blocks sialidase activity and NEU1-mediated bioactivities in human lung in vitro and murine lung in vivo” Sang W Hyun, Anguo Liu, Zhenguo Liu, Alan S Cross, Avelino C Verceles, Sadagopan Magesh, Yadagiri Kommagalla, Chandrababunaidu Kona, Hiromune Ando, Irina G Luzina, Sergei P Atamas, Kurt H Piepenbrink, Eric J Sundberg, Wei Guang, Hideharu Ishida, Erik P Lillehoj, and Simeon E Goldblum. (Glycobiology, 2016, 26, 834).
- “Ruthenium(II)-catalyzed switchable C3-alkylation versus alkenylation with acrylates of 2-pyridylbenzofurans via C–H bond activation” Yadagiri Kommagalla, Venkanna Babu Mullapudi, Fredi Francis and Chepuri V. Ramana (Catal. Sci. Technol., 2015, 5, 114–117).
- “Ru-Catalyzed Branched versus Linear Selective C3-Alkylation of 2-Aroylbenzofurans with Acrylates via C-H Activation” Yadagiri Kommagalla, Kolluru Srinivas and C. V. Ramana, (Chemistry A European Journal, 2014, 20, 7884–7889).
- “Optimization of the anti-cancer activity of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase pathway inhibitor PITENIN-1: switching a thiourea with 1,2,3-triazole” Yadagiri Kommagalla, Cornea, S., Riehle, R., Torchilin, V., Degterev, A., C. V. Ramana, ( MedChemComm, 2014, 5, 1359-1363).
- “Target cum flexibility: simple access to benzofuran conjugated sugar and nucleoside derivatives” Yadagiri Kommagalla, Kolluru Srinivas and C. V. Ramana (Tetrahedron Lett, 2013, 64, 1824-1827)
- “The influence of electronic factors on Pd-mediated cycloisomerization: a systematic investigation of competitive 6-exo-dig versus 7-endo-dig cyclizations of sugar alkynols” I. Boddeti, B. Srinivas, Yadagiri Kommagalla, M. N. Deshmukh, R. G. Gonnade and C. V. Ramana (Tetrahedron, 2009, 65, 9819-9832)
- “Small Molecule Inhibitors of PI3-Kinase Signaling” Alexei Degterev, Chepuri V. Ramana, Jinbo Lee, Yadagiri Kommagalla., (Patent No: PCT/US2014/031016, US9701646, US20160297777, WO2014153337 A2).
- “A process for the preparation of anti-inflammatory aroylbenzofuran compounds” C. V. Ramana, Yadagiri Kommagalla, Kolluru. Srinivas, (Patent No: WO2015029062 A1, PCT/IN2014/000546, US20160229827).
- “New 1,2,3 triazole derivatives as anti-fungal drugs” C. V. Ramana, M. V. Deshpande, Yadagiri Kommagalla, Santosh G. Tupe, (Patent No: US9981923B2).
Awards + Scholarships
CSIR- National Eligibility for Lecturership and Junior Research Fellowship