- Organic and organometallic synthesis
- Sustainable synthesis of polymer building blocks from renewables
- Homogeneous catalysis and reaction kinetics
- Biomass conversion and small molecules activation
- Techniques: NMR, FTIR, UV-Vis, GC, GC-MS, CV, XRD, GPC.
Curriculum vitae and education
Feb 2018 – present
Postdoctoral Fellow in the CAT Catalytic Center at ITMC, RWTH-Aachen, Germany
Feb 2016- Oct 2017
Postdoctoral Fellow at University of Goettingen, Germany Area: PNP pincer cobalt hydride based hydrogenation catalysis and nanoparticle characterization
April 2015 – Oct 2015
Postdoctoral Researcher at Utrecht University (Arkema), Netherlands Area: Bio-based building blocks through catalytic Aldol condensations
Oct 2010- Mar 2015
Ph. D. (Teaching Assistant) at Utrecht University, Netherlands. Area: Cyclopentadienyl-based trioxo-rhenium complexes for the catalytic deoxydehydration of diols and bio-based polyols to olefins
Sep 2009- June 2010
Master studies at University of Rennes 1, France. Area: Ruthenium-catalyzed synthesis of functionalized dienes from propargylic carbonates
June 2005- Aug 2009
BSc & MSc (1st year) General Chemistry at St. Joseph’s College, Bharadidasan University, India.
01) Synthesis of Cyclopentadienyl-Based Tricarbonyl Rhenium Complexes and Some Unusual Reactivities of Cyclopentadienyl Substituents
Raju S, van Slagmaat CAMR, Lutz M, Kleijn H, Jastrzebski JTBH, Moret M-E, Klein Gebbink RJM, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2017, 741-751.
02) Synthesis of Cyclopentadienyl-Based Trioxo-rhenium Complexes and Their Use as Deoxydehydration Catalysts
Raju S, van Slagmaat CAMR, Li J, Lutz M, Jastrzebski JTBH, Moret M-E, Klein Gebbink RJM, Organometallics 2016, 35, 2178-2187.
03) Spectroscopic Characterization of a Monomeric, Cyclopentadienyl-based Re(V)dioxo complex
Raju S, Jastrzebski JTBH, Lutz M, Witteman L, Dethlefsen JR, Fristrup P, Moret M-E, Klein Gebbink RJM, Inorg. Chem. 2015, 54, 11031-11036. ‘
04) Rhenium-Catalyzed Dehydration and Deoxydehydration of Alcohols and Polyols: Opportunities for the formation of Olefins from Biomass
Raju S, Moret M-E, Klein Gebbink RJM, ACS Catal. 2015, 5, 281-300. ‘
05) Catalytic Deoxydehydration of Diols to Olefins by using a Bulky Cyclopentadiene-based Trioxorhenium Catalyst
Raju S, Jastrzebski JTBH, Lutz M, Klein Gebbink RJM, ChemSusChem 2013, 6, 1673-1680.
06) Ruthenium-Catalyzed Synthesis of Functional Conjugated Dienes from Propargylic Carbonates and Silyl Diazo Compounds
Moulin S, Zhang H, Raju S, Bruneau C, Dérien S, Chem. Eur. J. 2013, 19, 3292-3296.
Awards & Scholarships
Goettingen (Germany) international fellowship
COST-STSM short stay research grant
KNCV (Netherlands) travel grant to GRC 2014
EGIDE (France) international master fellowship
JNCASR (India) summer research fellowship