- Synthetic organic chemistry and Organometallics
- Development of homogeneous/ heterogeneous catalysts and Mechanistic investigations
- Sustainable catalysis for fine and bulk chemicals synthesis
- Carbonylation and biomass conversion for synthetic and bio-polymers
- Techniques: NMR, FT-IR, GC-MS, ESI-MS, X-Ray, UV-Vis, TGA
Curriculum vitae and education
Oct 2019 – present
Postdoctoral researcher in the CAT Catalytic Center at ITMC, RWTH-Aachen, Germany
Apr 2019 – Sep 2019
Postdoctoral researcher in Institute of Organic Chemistry (IOC), RWTH-Aachen, Germany
Supervisor – Prof. Frederic W. Patureau
Area: Metal catalyzed C-N bond forming reactions.
Jan 2018 – Mar 2019
Leibniz-DAAD Postdoctoral Fellow at Leibniz Institute for Catalysis (LIKAT), Rostock, Germany
Supervisor – Prof. Matthias Beller
Area: Homogeneous catalysis for Carbonylation reactions.
Aug 2017 – Dec 2017
Research Associate at Indian Institute for Scientific Education and Research (IISER) Mohali, India
Supervisor – Dr. Sanjay Singh
Area: Synthesis of Se-ether bridged N-Heterocyclic ligands
Jan 2013 – May 2017
Ph.D. Scholar at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore, IndiaSupervisor – Dr. Sanjay Kumar Singh
Area: Design, Synthesis and Characterization of Arene-Ru(II)Complexes Based on Nitrogen Donor Ligands: Catalytic
Reactions and Mechanistic Investigations.
Jul 2009- Jun 2011
Masters in Science (Organic Chemistry) at C.C.S. University, Meerut, India.
01) Ruthenium catalysed oxidative homocoupling of arylboronic acids in water: Ligand tuned reactivity and mechanistic study Deepika Tyagi, Chinky Binnani, Rohit K. Rai, Ambikesh D. Dwivedi, Kavita Gupta, Pei-Zhou Li, Yanli Zhao, Sanjay K. Singh. Inorg. Chem. 2016, 55, 6332-6343.
02) Ruthenium(II) catalyzed regioselective hydration of terminal alkynes: Pendent group-assisted catalytic reactivity and mechanistic investigation Deepika Tyagi, Rohit K. Rai, Mobin M. Shaikh, Sanjay K. Singh. Asian J. Org. Chem., 2017, 6, 1647- 1658.
03) Phosphine-free ruthenium-arene complex for low temperature one-pot catalytic conversion of aldehydes to primary amides in water Deepika Tyagi, Rohit K. Rai, Ambikesh D. Dwivedi, Mobin M. Shaikh, Sanjay K. Singh. Inorg. Chem. Front. 2015, 2, 116-124.
04) Ruthenium complexes for catalytic dehydrogenation of hydrazine and transfer hydrogenation reactions Mahendra Kumar Awasthi,§ Deepika Tyagi,§ Soumyadip Patra, Rohit Kumar Rai, Shaikh M. Mobin, Sanjay K. Singh. Chem. Asian J. 2018, 13, 1424-1431 (§Paper in equal contribution).
05) C-H bond activation/arylation catalyzed by Arene-ruthenium-aniline complexes in water Chinky Binnani,§ Deepika Tyagi,§ Rohit K. Rai, Shaikh M. Mobin, Sanjay K. Singh. Chem. Asian J. 2016, 11, 3022-3031 (§Paper in equal contribution).
06) Catalytic transformation of bio-derived furans to valuable ketoacid and diketones by watersoluble ruthenium catalysts Kavita Gupta, Deepika Tyagi, Ambikesh D. Dwivedi, Shaikh M. Mobin, Sanjay K. Singh. Green Chem. 2015, 17, 4618-4627.
07) Room temperature catalytic reduction of aqueous nitrate to ammonia over Ni nanoparticles immobilized on Fe3O4@n-SiO2@H-SiO2-NH2 support Rohit K. Rai, Deepika Tyagi, Sanjay K. Singh. Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2017, 2450-2456.
08) Activated nanostructured bimetallic catalysts for C-C coupling reactions: Recent progress (MiniReview) Rohit K. Rai, Deepika Tyagi, Kavita Gupta, Sanjay K. Singh. Catal. Sci. Technol. 2016, 6, 3341-3361.
09) Ligand-tuned C-H bond activation/arylation of 2-arylpyridines over pyridine based N,O/N,N ligated ruthenium-arene complexes Chinky Binnani, Rohit K. Rai, Deepika Tyagi, Shaikh M. Mobin, Sanjay K. Singh. Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2018, 1435-1445.
10) Access to highly active Ni-Pd bimetallic nanoparticle catalysts for C-C coupling reactions Rohit K. Rai, Kavita Gupta, Deepika Tyagi, Arup Mahata, Silke Behrens, Xinchun Yang, Qiang Xu, Biswarup Pathak, Sanjay K. Singh. Catal. Sci. Technol. 2016, 6, 5567-5579.
11) Room-temperature synthesis of bimetallic Co-Zn based Zeolitic Imidazolate Frameworks in water for enhanced CO2 and H2 uptakes Gurpreet Kaur, Rohit K. Rai, Deepika Tyagi, Xin Yao, Pei-Zhou Li, Xin-Chun Yang, Yanli Zhao, Qiang Xu, Sanjay K. Singh. J. Mater. Chem. A 2016, 4, 14932-14938.
12) Synergistic Catalysis with MIL-101 Stabilized Highly Active Bimetallic Ni-Pd and Cu-Pd Alloy Nanoparticle Catalysts for C-C Coupling Reactions Ajay Dhankhar, Rohit K. Rai, Deepika Tyagi, Xin Yao, Sanjay K. Singh. ChemistrySelect 2016, 1, 3223-3227.
13) Troponate-/Aminotroponate Ruthenium-arene complexes: Synthesis, structure and ligand tuned mechanistic pathway for direct C-H bond arylation with arylchlorides in water Ambikesh D. Dwivedi, Chinky Binnani, Deepika Tyagi, Kuber Rawat, Pei-Zhou Li, Yanli Zhao, Shaikh M. Mobin, Biswarup Pathak and Sanjay K. Singh Inorg. Chem. 2016, 55, 6739-6749.
14) Ruthenium-Formic acid tandem catalytic transformation of bioderived furans to levulinic acid and diketones in water Ambikesh D. Dwivedi, Kavita Gupta, Deepika Tyagi, Rohit K. Rai, Shaikh M. Mobin, Sanjay K. Singh. ChemCatChem 2015, 7, 4050-4058.
Awards and Scholarships
Jan 2018 – Dec 2018
Leibniz-DAAD Postdoctoral research fellowship award for postdoc at LIKAT, Rostock, Germany.
Jan 2013 – Mar 2017
UGC-CSIR JRF/SRF (junior and senior research fellowship) for doctoral research at IIT Indore, India.