Worldwide research for the products of the future
Research field and key expertise
Our key expertise is in the triangle of catalyst development, reaction engineering and material development. In a proprietary approach, CAT Catalytic Center studies catalysis and acts as a catalyst between academia and industry.
Research at CAT Catalytic Center is focused on fundamental aspects of homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis with emphasis on the following topics:
- Synthesis of sustainable building blocks for polymers
- CO2 utilization in polymer chemistry
- Novel high performance materials
- Synthesis of multifunctional molecules
- Development of tailormade catalysts
Having initiated the success story behind Dream Production, CAT Catalytic Center has ever since been actively involved in promoting the utilization of CO2 as C1 building block in polymer syntheses.