Postdoctoral position in applied catalysis and reaction engineering at CAT Catalytic Center
CAT Catalytic Center is a collaborative research facility of RWTH Aachen University and Covestro AG, where an international and interdisciplinary team of around 30 dedicated researchers is working in a state of art 400 m2 research facility. At CAT Catalytic Center researchers work in a close cooperation together with academia and industry to find innovative solutions and develop molecules to new products. This cooperative research provides both partners an ideal forum for generating ideas, being part of a joint development and turning them into future applications. Applied catalysis and sustainable development for polymers are some of the key research topics at CAT Catalytic Center. Our goal is to improve processes and create new products and thereby save energy and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
We encourage high motivated young scientists to apply for the open position. You will be part of an international and interdisciplinary research team. With your expertise you will contribute to the development of new processes based on alternative raw materials for the production of sustainable high performance polymers. Your tasks will further include the chemical development and improvement of catalyst systems and test it under industrial scale conditions.
- Highly motivated, open-minded and solution-oriented chemist / chemical engineer with a track record in applied catalysis and/or chemical process development
- Experience in batch to conti processing for the synthesis of organic molecules or polymers is an advantage
- PhD degree in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Fluently in written and spoken English
Conditions of employment
- Postdoctoral position at CAT Catalytic Center at the RWTH Aachen University
- Full-time position with two years contract according to the labor agreement of the German Public Services Regulation (TV-L, E13)
- The position is available from now on.
We are looking forward to your application!