Dr. Nathan C. Antonels
Telefon: + 49 241 80 - 26 496
Office: 38C 155
- Inorganic chemistry
- Heterogeneous and homogeneous catalysis
- Polymer synthesis
- Techniques: NMR, FTIR, HRTEM, UV/Vis, TGA, GC, GPC
Curriculum vitae and education
Sept 2017 - present
Postdoctoral Fellow in the CAT Catalytic Center at ITMC, RWTH-Aachen, Germany
July 2014- July 2017
Postdoctoral Fellow in the Institute of Chemical Reaction Engineering at the Faculty of Engineering, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
Feb 2010 - June 2014
PhD Student at the University of Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa
Area: Preparation of solid-supported dendrimer-templated ruthenium nanoparticles utilised in hydrogenation and oxidation catalysis.
Jan 2008 - Jan 2010
MSc at the University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Area: Rhodium metallodendritic complexes for the hydroformylation of 1-octene.
Jan 2007 - Dec 2007
BSc (Hons) at the University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Area: General Chemistry
Jan 2002 - Dec 2006
BSc (Chem) at the University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Area: General Chemistry
01) Well-defined dendrimer encapsulated ruthenium SCILL catalysts for partial hydrogenation of toluene in liquid-phase
N.C. Antonels, M.B. Williams, R. Meijboom, M. Haumann,
J. Mol. Catal. A Chem. 2016, 421, 156-160.
02) Preparation of well-defined dendrimer encapsulated ruthenium nanoparticles and their application as catalyst and enhancement of activity when utilised as SCILL catalysts in the hydrogenation of citral
N.C. Antonels, R. Meijboom, Catal. Comm. 2014, 57, 148-152.
03) Preparation of Well-Defined Dendrimer Encapsulated Ruthenium Nanoparticles and Their Evaluation in the Reduction of 4-Nitrophenol According to the Langmuir–Hinshelwood approach
N.C. Antonels, R. Meijboom, Langmuir, 2013, 29, 13433-13442.
04) Hydroformylation activity of multinuclear rhodium complexes coordinated to dendritic iminopyridyl and iminophosphine scaffolds
N.C. Antonels, J.R. Moss, G.S. Smith, J. Organomet. Chem. 2011, 696, 2003-2007.
05) Anticancer activity of multinuclear arene ruthenium complexes coordinated to dendritic polypyridyl scaffolds
P. Govender, N.C. Antonels, J. Mattsson, A.K. Renfrew, P.J. Dyson, J.R. Moss, B. Therrien, G.S. Smith, J. Organomet. Chem. 2009, 21, 3470-3476.
06) Rhodium(I) iminophosphine poly(propyleneimine) dendrimers: Synthesis, characterization and molecular structure of a mononuclear analogue
N.C. Antonels, B. Therrien, J.R. Moss, G.S. Smith, Inorg. Chem. Comm. 2009, 12, 716-719.
Awards and Scholarships
- July 2014 - July 2016, National Research Foundation (South Africa) Postdoctoral Scholarship
- Feb 2010 - Dec 2013, National Research Foundation (South Africa) Doctoral Scholarship
- Feb 2010 - Dec 2012, University of Johannesburg Next Generation Doctoral Scholarship
- Jan 2008 - Dec 2009, National Research Foundation (South Africa) Master’s Scholarship
- Jan 2008 - Dec 2009, University of Cape Town Equity and Development Master’s Scholarship