Dr. Ioannis Papazoglou
Telefon: + 49 241 / 80 - 26 363
- Activation of small molecules
- Synthesis of novel catalysts
- Chemistry of Low-Valent p-Block Elements
Curriculum vitae and education
February 2018 ̵ present
Postdoctoral Fellow in the CAT Catalytic Center, RWTH-Aachen, Germany
August 2017 ̵ January 2018
Project Management Certification
ATV GmbH Cologne
- Scrum and Classic Management
July 2012 ̵ May 2017
Rheinische-Friedrich-Wilhelm University of Bonn, Germany
Area: Organometallic Chemistry
Synthesis of multiple bonds between transition metals and Group 14 elements.
October 2010 ̵ June 2012
Area: Inorganic Chemistry
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
October 2006 - June 2010
Diploma in Chemistry
University of Ioannina, Greece
1) Unprecedented tetrylidyne complexes of Group 6 and 10 Metals
I. Papazoglou, ISBN 978-3-8439-3155-7, Dr. Hut, München, 2017.
2) Copper(I) halide complexes of 5-carbethoxy-2-thiouracil: synthesis, structure and in vitro cytotoxicity
I. Papazoglou, P. J. Cox, A. G. Hatzidimitriou, C. Kokotidou, T. Choli-Papadopoulou and P. Aslanidis, Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2014, 78, 383.
3) Metal-assisted desulfurization of 2-thioorotic acid: Structure, theoretical (DFT) investigations, in vitro antibacterial and cytotoxic activity and DNA degradation ability of a copper(II) complex containing in situ formed bis(4-carboxylato-6-oxo-pyrimidine-2-yl)sulfide
I. Papazoglou, A. G. Papadopoulos, S. Skoulika, K. Lafazanis, G. D. Geromichalos, A. A. Pantazaki and P. Aslanidis, Polyhedron 2014, 78, 18.
4) Copper(I) complexes of 1,10-phenanthroline and heterocyclic thioamides: an experimental and theoretical (DFT) investigation of the photophysical characteristics
I. Papazoglou, P. J. Cox, A. G. Papadopoulos, M. P. Sigalas and P. Aslanidis, Dalton Trans. 2013, 42, 2755.
Awards and Scholarships
- September 2015 Onassis Foundation Scholarship