Dr. Tzvetan Mihaylov
Telefon: + 49 241 80 - 26 26769
Office: 42B 330
- Theoretical and computational chemistry
- Reaction mechanisms
- Polyoxometalate chemistry
- Coordination chemistry
- Conceptual DFT
Curriculum vitae and education
September 2018 - present
Postdoc in the CAT Catalytic Center at ITMC, RWTH-Aachen, Germany.
April 2011 - July 2018
Senior postdoc in the Division of Quantum and Physical Chemistry
KU Leuven, Belgium
Teaching in the frame of the Erasmus Mundus TCCM master’s course “Advanced computational chemistry”. Supervising/mentoring bachelor, master and PhD students.
December 2009 - March 2011
July 2007 - November 2009
IGIC-BAS, Bulgaria. January
2004 - June 2007
PhD student in Theoretical Chemistry
Area: Quantum chemical modeling and spectroscopic study of coumarins and their complexes with 3d- and 4f-metals.
June 2002 - December 2003
October 1996 - July 2001
studies (Master degree in inorganic and analytical chemistry)
Faculty of Chemistry, Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, Bulgaria.
01) M. Pelckmans, T. Mihaylov, W. Faveere, J. Poissonnier, F. Van Waes, K. Moonen, G. B. Marin, J. W. Thybaut, K. Pierloot, and B. F. Sels
Catalytic Reductive Aminolysis of Reducing Sugars: Elucidation of Reaction Mechanism
ACS Catal., 2018, 8(5), 4201–4212.
02) T. T. Mihaylov, H. G. T. Ly, K. Pierloot, T. N. Parac-Vogt
Molecular Insight from DFT Computations and Kinetic Measurements into the Steric Factors Influencing Peptide Bond Hydrolysis Catalyzed by a Dimeric Zr(IV)-Substituted Keggin Type Polyoxometalate
Inorg. Chem., 2016, 55(18), 9316-9328.
03) T. K. N. Luong, T. T Mihaylov, G. Absillis, P. Shestakova, K. Pierloot, T. N. Parac-Vogt
Phosphate Ester Bond Hydrolysis Promoted by Lanthanide-Substituted Keggin-type Polyoxometalates Studied by a Combined Experimental and Density Functional Theory Approach
Inorg. Chem., 2016, 55(19), 9898-9911.
04) T. K. N. Luong, P. Shestakova, T. T. Mihaylov, G. Absillis, K. Pierloot, T. N. Parac-Vogt
Multinuclear Diffusion NMR Spectroscopy and DFT Modeling: A Powerful Combination for Unraveling the Mechanism of Phosphoester Bond Hydrolysis Catalyzed by Metal-Substituted Polyoxometalates
Chem.-Eur. J., 2015, 21(11), 4428-4439.
05) H.G.T. Ly, T. Mihaylov, G. Absillis, K. Pierloot, T. N. Parac-Vogt
Reactivity of Dimeric Tetrazirconium(IV) Wells-Dawson Polyoxometalate toward Dipeptide Hydrolysis Studied by a Combined Experimental and Density Functional Theory Approach
Inorg. Chem., 2015, 54(23), 11477-11492.
06) T. T. Mihaylov, T. N. Parac-Vogt, K. Pierloot
A Mechanistic Study of the Spontaneous Hydrolysis of Glycylserine as the Simplest Model for Protein Self-Cleavage
Chem.-Eur. J., 2014, 20(2), 456–466.
07) T. Mihaylov, T. N. Parac-Vogt, K. Pierloot,
Unraveling the Mechanisms of Carboxyl Ester Bond Hydrolysis Catalyzed by a Vanadate Anion
Inorg. Chem., 2012, 51(16), 9619-9628.
Awards and Scholarships
2006 World Federation of Scientists (WFS) National Scholarship.
2006 Bulgarian Academy of Sciences Award for young scientists in the field of chemistry.